Thursday, September 20, 2012

Retro fantasy undead mounted Lord

I personally need to take a brake once in a while from a project so that I don't become bored with doing it. In my particular case I normally use fantasy to take a brake from historical painting.

I had this miniature lying around (among a pile of similar miniatures) for a while after I picked it up at a local store who was having a sale on the whole range. It comes with a mounted and foot version.

I used lots of blacks and grays to work on my highlighting/shading and tried to do indirect lighting in pale green (not completely happy with how that turned out though...).



Quick footnote: basing material is from a recent basecrafts.com order (autumn leaves was actually a freebie in said order). Inexpensive and excellent (plus, superb service). Recommended.



No comments:

Post a Comment