Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Seljuk Emir done (kind of)

Apart from a couple of minor issues that a larger than 1:1 photo made blatantly obvious, these figures are now done and set the tone for what I want the rest of the army to look like:




Banner is in the Abassid fashion (plain black) accented with the Seljuk colours (blue) and with the Seljuk double-headed eagle in the reverse side. Carpet is based in the Konya patterns that originated in the Anatolian Seljuks.

I kept the pallete short to make the blues and reds stand out. I couldn´t resist painting up the "fruit" on the arab servant´s platter as Ferrero Rocher :) Plate itself in blue and white pottery, from China through the Silk Road.

I am not very familiar with desert basing and tried Sandy Paste - worked very nice. I accented that with some Basecrafts pebbles and dry grass tufts.

Now I will leave the Seljuks alone for quite some time as (happily) I have a good pipeline of commission work to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment