Friday, October 25, 2013

2013 update, part 2




Picking up where I left off.

15mm Light Horse auxiliaries (Thracians) for FoG Republican Romans, done on comission.







15mm Forged in Battle IS3 (one of three identical tanks). Not quite finished in the below picture (will post up some finished pics when I find them). Also done on commission.


Half tracked  FoW army on the workbench I took with me to the European Team Championship over in Serbia:



Gaming & Beer over at Serbia.


Team FoW Portugal placed 5th overall - an excellent result :)


Back to the addictive Bruegelburgs, this time round with a Landshneck (base unfinished)



And a Reaper king like figure (still in WIP) which would fit nicely as a Pict king for the Conan universe (using Matakishi´s CROM! ruleset - http://www.matakishi.com/crom.htm . 



And back again to the Bruegelburgs with a Poet-like character mounted on a pig. Very fun mini to paint.





Recently picked up Osprey Publishing´s Ronin (http://www.ospreypublishing.com/store/Ronin-%E2%80%93-Skirmish-Wargames-in-the-Age-of-the-Samurai_9781780968469) which I thoroughly recommend and my brush itched for some samurai, so I picked those up again. Only the old woman below is a new miniature - Dark looking samurai was a not-Grave Guard for a WHFB Samurai/VC army I ran for a couple of years. All miniatures are Perry.


Perry Ashigaru amidst my Japanese themed scenery:


Scratch built Yumi (bow) wielding Samurai (next to a Muslim villager woman who´s been hanging by the workbench with a big pot on her head). And yes, a Yumi is the largest of all bows, and it´s easily over 220cm for a normal sized archer - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yumi#Bow_lengths


An exception to all the Samurais I have in my collection, the fellow below is from em4 minitures, Oriental Blades line (http://www.em4miniatures.com/acatalog/Oriental_Blades__unpainted_.html)


And the Yumi Samurai all painted up (basing still to be done)



 Another em4 Oriental Blades Samurai, a barefoot Ronin. Really like this fellow, the sculpt is full of character.



A couple of projects still missing from the list - I´ll have to see where I left the photos on those.

Back to regular updates now. At least for a while :)

No comments:

Post a Comment